When you first moved into your studio or one-bedroom apartment or starter home, you probably felt like there was plenty of space. Yet, as your belongings accumulated and you made other changes to your lifestyle, like getting married or having a child, you eventually realized you needed a bigger home.
Some of the more common signs that indicate it is time to start looking for a larger home include:
- You have a schedule hung on the bathroom door. If you have to schedule when everyone gets to take a shower and the order of who gets to use the bathroom in the morning, then you probably need a bigger home with more bathrooms.
- Moving around the home feels like an obstacle course. If you have run out of storage space and store items in totes and boxes, then you know what we’re talking about. If you have more things packed away and stacked up than room to move, then it might be time to find a bigger place.
- Your storage unit is bigger than your home. This one is a good indication not only do you need a bigger home but also need to go through your belongings and get rid of anything you no longer want or need.
- Having guests over to watch hockey or a movie feels like rush hour on the bus or subway. If your current home is wall-to-wall guests all crammed together, then you are overdue for a bigger place.
- Your children want their own bedrooms. Another sign you need a bigger home is when your children no longer want to share the same bedroom. As they get older, they will want more privacy without having to worry about their younger sibling getting into their things.
- You don’t remember the last time you saw the family pet. If you haven’t seen your cat for several days or have to call to find out where your dog is hiding, chances are you have way too much stuff in your home and need a bigger place.
- Your current home no longer has the charm and appeal as it once did. Things change as we get older. That small studio apartment, in a building full of students that was so charming while attending university may no longer be as appealing now that you have a job or want to get married and start a family.
- You spend your weekends touring apartments, condos, and open houses. If you are out looking at new homes every weekend, you clearly are ready to move. All you have to do if find the right new home.
Once you are ready to move, start packing anything you still want but do not need on a daily basis. It is also a good idea to call Sueland Moving & Storage Inc. at 416-747-9889 to get a moving quote and schedule your move.